Estate Planning Lawyer in Mesa Offers Practical Advice
Incisive analysis produces cost-effective ways to preserve and pass on wealth
Estate planning is an important matter for anyone concerned with protecting their assets for a secure retirement and passing them on a legacy to their heirs when they are gone. For more than 20 years, the Law Firm of Joseph M. Udall, PLC in Mesa has provided estate planning services uniquely tailored to the specific needs of Arizona residents. We thoroughly examine your finances, family structure, record of charitable giving, work history and health history to develop a full understanding of your needs, concerns and areas of challenge. If you have questions regarding the best way to structure your assets for your enjoyment and eventual succession, our firm is ready with no-nonsense answers.
How an attorney can design a well-crafted estate plan
If you die without a will or other means of planning your estate, the law will specify to whom your estate goes and in what proportions, without regard to your intentions. Even if you have a will, poor drafting can tie up your estate in litigation while the resulting expense drains the estate assets. In addition, ambiguities in how to probate an estate can lead to litigation, causing stress and heartache among family members. A well-crafted estate plan can minimize or avoid these pitfalls. A skilled attorney can translate your goals and objectives into a comprehensive estate plan that ensures your heirs and beneficiaries will receive your property as you intend. Moreover, a versatile plan can speed probate court proceedings or even avoid them, saving time and expenses.
One Mesa law firm for all your Arizona estate planning needs
Our firm offers reliable advice and capable for various estate planning strategies:
- Wills — A clear, valid will allows you to transfer your assets after death according to your wishes. Your will also saves your heirs the time and expense of probate, so they can receive your bequests sooner.
- Trusts — By creating a legal entity to hold your assets, you can enjoy your property during your lifetime, then transfer the wealth as you intend. Trusts avoid probate and often allow you to avoid taxation that would occur if the property were conveyed through a will.
- Probate — The process by which the court settles a deceased person’s estate can be expensive and time-consuming. We help testators minimize or avoid probate through sound, practical estate planning and help beneficiaries of an estate attain their distributions with minimal losses of time and money.
- Powers of attorney — Many of our clients plan for the possibility of incapacity by allocating authority for their health and welfare through powers of attorney, so someone they trust will be in charge of making vital decisions.
- Guardianship and conservatorship — It is often necessary for responsible next-of-kin to seek guardianship of a minor or conservatorship of an incapacitated adult through the family court.
The wide variety of options open to you can lead to a patchwork of legal instruments with gaps in your protection. For comprehensive and seamless protection, choose an experienced attorney willing to give personal attention to planning your estate. We design each client’s estate strategy to meet our client’s goals in an accurate, time-saving and cost-effective manner.
Contact a capable estate planning attorney in Mesa, AZ for reliable, practical advice
The Law Firm of Joseph M. Udall, PLC helps Arizona residents implement legal protections for their assets. Call 480-500-1866 or contact us online. We provide free telephone consultations, and Saturday and evening appointments are available. We speak Spanish fluently.